Once again, it’s time for the Grainews annual rebate roundup. While rebate programs aren’t the main factor in decision-making for the crop protection process, producers need to know their options. Without further ado, and in alphabetical order, here’s our annual roundup of available rebates in Western Canada for the 2021 growing season.
The 2021 BASF Ag Rewards Program helps Canadian farmers build a crop protection plan to grow healthier, higher-yielding crops, while maximizing savings — earning up to 22 per cent in rebates.
For 2021, two new products have been added to the BASF Ag Rewards Program. Teraxxa F4 seed treatment, a new mode of action cereal seed treatment that provides true wireworm control by breaking the lifecycle, has been added. Basagran Forté herbicide, which provides post-emergent control of some of the toughest broadleaf weeds in farmers’ pulse crops has been added to the program. Also new, when participants qualify for the baseline rewards and the InVigor reward, they are also eligible to earn $1 per acre on Liberty.
When planning for the upcoming crop year, the following are a few things to keep in mind:
- Earn up to seven per cent, through baseline rewards, on qualifying products when purchasing a minimum of 300 acres from all three segments.
- To further maximize the Ag Rewards Program, purchase a minimum of 300 acres of Liberty and 300 acres of InVigor. To further qualify, maintain a minimum purchase ration of one jug of Liberty for every two bags of InVigor.
- Earn an additional two per cent through the Multiplier Bonus by purchasing a minimum of 300 acres of two products in the same segment.
BASF has created tools to help plan and count potential rewards, including an online calculator and video overview of the program. Check out the calculator here. Check out the two-minute program overview video here.
Farmers can connect with their local BASF rep or AgSolutions Customer Care at 1-877-371-BASF (2273) for support and to answer any questions.
Corteva Agriscience calls its producer rebate program Flex+ Rewards. If you max out this program, Corteva will rebate up to 18 per cent on eligible crop protection products. First, find your tier:
- Core: $5,000 to $24,999
- Core Plus: $25,000 – $99,000 or 300 acres of seed
- Plus Max: $100,000 or more, or 800 acres of seed
These spend categories are based on MSRP, not necessarily the price you pay your retailer.
Second, choose products that meet your farm operations’ needs. If you’re in the Core tier choosing products from two categories, your rebate will be three per cent. In the Core Plus tier, you could save up to 10 per cent if you purchase from four categories. The highest tier — Plus Max — allows you to save up to 12 per cent on eligible purchases. The product categories eligible for a rebate are: pre-seed, grass herbicides, broadleaf herbicides, cross-spectrum fungicides and canola and corn herbicides.
Receive another one per cent on your crop protection purchases with the Seed Booster Bonus by purchasing at least 300 acres of Pioneer seed and/or Brevant seed products.
Third, save even more when you commit early. There’s another three per cent rebate if you book with your retailer by March 15, 2021, and an additional two per cent rebate if your product is invoiced and picked up by April 15, 2021. Find the details and full product lists here.
FMC’s rebate program is called FMC CashBack. Purchase at least $5,000 worth of eligible FMC products between November 1, 2020, and October 31, 2021, and receive up to 15 per cent off of qualifying herbicides.
FMC CashBack rebate tiers are based on spending at MSRP. There are four tiers: $5,000 to $29,999, $30,000 to $49,999, $50,000 to $74,999 and $75,000-plus.
Use products like Aim EC, Express brands, PrecisionPac burnoff blends and FMC insecticides as builders to increase your return. Pre-herbicide rebates range from two to eight per cent and in-crop herbicide rebates range from six to 15 per cent.
Producers can select any product in the FMC portfolio as an entry point to the program, there is no tie to seed or herbicide traits. FMC has one of the lowest dollar value grower program entry points. There are no matching acres, no booking program and no mandatory sign up. With FMC Cashback, producers can choose agronomics and economics in one program. Find the details here.
Nutrien Ag Solutions
Nutrien Ag Solutions and Proven Seed have a rebate program called PV Profits. The program includes crop protection, fertilizer and seed components, giving producers the ability to save across all inputs as a rebate on account. To qualify for rebates through PV Profits, producers need to book qualifying products before specific deadlines.
Producers can earn a rebate of $1.10 per acre on matching seed and nitrogen purchases. When matching Proven Seed Roundup Ready canola or corn with Roundup or Proven Seed LibertyLink canola with Interline producers can save $1.00 per acre. An additional $0.25 per acre can be earned if Shadow herbicide is purchased for extra weed control. Producers that are using Proven Seed TruFlex canola varieties have an opportunity to receive an extra $0.50 per acre on matching Roundup acres if the seed is booked before January 31, 2021.
The crop protection component of the PV Profits Program includes a wide range of products from partner suppliers. By committing to buy 300 acres of Proven Seed canola, cereals, corn, mustard or soybeans before the booking deadline, producers can save between three to five per cent on all qualifying early booked crop protection purchases. The more farmers book and buy, the more they save.
Though some deadlines have already passed, growers can still book and save across crop protection, fertilizer and Proven Seed, only through Nutrien Ag Solutions. Details on all these programs are available through your local Nutrien Ag Solutions retailer.
Qualify for the Syngenta Partner Program by purchasing a minimum $25,000 of eligible Syngenta products, which includes several new products for 2021. There are three main components to the program: the Portfolio Reward, the Soybean Seed Bonus and the Purchase Volume Reward.
Once you meet the $25,000 criteria, receive up to 10 per cent off on matching acres through the Portfolio Reward and save two to six per cent overall on eligible products through the Purchase Volume Reward. Further save an additional $1 to $4 per acre with the Soybean Seed Bonus.
Also, in 2021, save when you take control of your harvest with the Reglone Ion Bonus where you can earn five per cent on all Reglone Ion purchases, based on Partner Program qualifications. Call 1-87-SYNGENTA (1-877-964-3682) or find the details (and the calculator) online.
Bayer Crop Science
In 2021, Bayer Crop Science continues to offer incredible value to producers through the BayerValue Rewards Programs. Program members are also eligible to receive a complimentary one-year subscription to the Climate FieldView platform and up to 50 per cent off the cost of the Climate FieldView hardware (offer applies to a maximum rebate of $2,000 for select hardware purchased on the Climate FieldView order portal only. For full details, click here).
Details for the 2021 BayerValue West Rewards Program (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Peace River region of British Columbia) includes the following:
- When farmers purchase a minimum of 300 acres of qualifying seed treatments, herbicides or fungicides, they can save up to 19 per cent.
- With the purchase of a minimum of 300 acres of seed or 600 acres of seed treatment, farmers save up to five per cent on seed treatments, herbicides and fungicides with the Season Starter bonus.
- When farmers treat a minimum of 300 acres of eligible trait canola with Prosper EverGol and Buteo Start, they get an extra two per cent off of their purchases with the Buteo Start bonus.
- Through the Incredible Bayer Offer, farmers who book 1,000 acres of Bayer cereal herbicides by March 12, 2021, can also save up to $2 per acre on eligible products.
Additional savings and information includes the following:
- Potato producers are also eligible for additional savings through the Hot Potato Rewards Program.
- Farmers can calculate their savings with the new 2021 BayerValue Rewards calculator. The easy-to-use calculator requires only a few simple inputs to help producers maximize their savings.
- Producers must be registered by May 1, 2021, to be eligible for BayerValue Rewards Program benefits. Sign up by visiting GrowerPrograms.ca, contacting 1-888-283-6847, or by talking to a local retail or Bayer rep.