Crops in Saskatchewan were in mostly good to excellent shape as of July 15 although storms had caused serious damage, the province said on Thursday in its weekly crop report.
• Percentage of crop in good/excellent condition: spring wheat 86 per cent; durum 88 per cent; oats 86 per cent; barley 81 per cent; canola 80 per cent.
• Most of the province received rain last week. Flooding, hail and wind damaged crops in some areas.
• Warm weather seen advancing crops.
* 65 per cent of spring cereals and 60 per cent of oilseeds were at normal stage of development.
• Topsoil moisture on crop land is rated as 12 per cent surplus, 82 per cent adequate, 6 per cent short.