1. Develop new skills and abilities by learning from the best.
2. Capture great new ideas from an experienced farm manager.
3. Broaden your horizons and experience.
4. Increase your motivation and confidence.
5. Access a wider network of contacts
You will be mentored for a minimum of eight weeks, likely in another province. You must have completed within the past five years or be currently enrolled in a post-secondary agricultural program in Canada. Priority will be given to those who have completed their second year of studies within their agricultural program. The mentee must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Your mentor will be a farmer willing to teach his or her farm business management techniques. The goal of the program is to get the mentee involved in all of the management aspects of the business, and not just to provide farm labour help.