Manitoba Agriculture has issued its weekly crop report, crop production update and crop weather report for Aug. 13. Full text of each is available alongside.
Weekly provincial summary
• Winter wheat harvest is nearing completion in Manitoba with yields generally range from 50 to 80 bushels per acre with average to above-average quality.
• Harvest of spring wheat, barley, oats, canola and pea crops continues. Yields reported to date are variable, largely dependent upon amount of precipitation received over the growing season and timing of precipitation.
• To date, spring wheat yields range from 30 to 50 bushels per acre, barley 55 to 100 bushels per acre, oats 50 to 100 bushels per acre, canola 20 to 40 bushels per acre and peas 40 to 45 bushels per acre.
• Quality of spring wheat and barley has been average to above average with good protein, bushel weights and low levels of fusarium. Oat quality has been average to below average with lower bushel weights and higher number of thins being reported. In canola, higher dockage is noted due to smaller seed size.
• Precipitation would be welcome to aid in grain filling of grain corn, sunflowers, edible beans and soybeans.