Manitoba Agriculture’s weekly Insect and Disease Update is now available.Visit the MAFRD website for full text and images.
- Goss’s wilt and leaf blight disease are showing up in corn.
- Ergot disease infection is now showing up in fall rye and grasses.
- Blackleg infection on lower stems/roots on canola is showing up.
- Downy mildew on sunflowers is reported.
- Grasshoppers are starting to mature to the adult stage. How much they move into crops from surrounding vegetation may partially depend on how lush the roadside vegetation remains relative to the crop.
- Still no soybean aphids found in Manitoba in 2014.